Does BB&T have a secured credit card?
Whether you need to establish or rebuild credit, secured credit cards from BB&T can help you reach your goals.
Thereof, does BB&T have secured credit cards?
BB&T Bank offers secured credit card options that come with certain perks you can typically find with an unsecured rewards card. Secured credit cards are designed to help people build or rebuild their credit.
Additionally, how do I build credit with BB&T? Pay your balance on time each month – Set up alerts to remind you of payment dates. Avoiding late payments will help you build a good credit score. Pay off your entire balance each month – If you can’t pay the entire balance in full, be sure to pay more than the minimum balance to help save money in interest charges.
Similarly, it is asked, what credit score do you need for a BB&T credit card?
Credit cards offered by BB&T are designed for people with excellent credit (i.e. a score of at least 750).
Are BB&T credit cards good?
The BB&T Bright Card is a true low-APR card, which is great for someone with excellent credit who carries a balance from month to month. We may have a better option for you. This card isn’t currently available on our site. Shop our list of top cards to find a similar offer with the features you need.
21 Related Question Answers Found
What is a secured credit card?
A secured credit card is a type of credit card that is backed by a cash deposit from the cardholder. This deposit acts as collateral on the account, providing the card issuer with security in case the cardholder can’t make payments.
What are the best credit cards to have?
Best Credit Cards of 2020
- Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card: Best for Flat-rate cash back.
- Discover it® Cash Back: Best for Rotating cash back.
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card: Best for Travel.
- Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card: Best for Rewards.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: Best for Sign-up bonus.
What credit cards does BB&T offer?
- These benefits are provided by Visa.
- BB&T Bright Secured card 18.74% APR (Annual Percentage Rate), BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Secured card 20.74% APR, and BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards Secured card 20.74% APR are variable rates tied to The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) Prime Rate.
- Other fees may apply.
What does APR mean?
annual percentage rate
How can I get a credit card?
Getting Approved for a Credit Card Typically, you must be at least 18 to apply for a credit card. If you are under 21, to get approved for a credit card, you must provide proof of your independent income or assets to show that you will be able to repay the amount you charge.
How do I redeem my BB&T cash rewards?
You must call the BB&T Rewards Center at 1-844-295-4937 from 8 a.m. – midnight ET, seven days a week, or visit the Program’s website through Online Banking at BBT.com to redeem your accrued Cash Back.
How do credit cards work?
Credit cards offer you a line of credit that can be used to make purchases, balance transfers and/or cash advances and requiring that you pay back the loan amount in the future. When using a credit card, you will need to make at least the minimum payment every month by the due date on the balance.
How do I close my BB&T credit card?
When ready, call 800-226-5228 to cancel. If you’re deaf or hard of hearing, call 888-833-4228.
How to call in to cancel
- Your credit card and account information.
- Reason for canceling the card.
- Pen and paper — to write down the representative’s ID and name.
What is the best secured credit card?
NerdWallet’s Best Secured Credit Cards of March 2020
- Capital One® Secured Mastercard®: Best for Low deposit.
- Discover it® Secured: Best for Rewards and upgrading.
- Citi® Secured Mastercard®: Best for Basic card for thin credit.
- OpenSky® Secured Visa® Credit Card: Best for No credit check or no bank account.
Does BB&T Check credit?
All 3 credit bureaus let you check your credit score for free, once every 12 months. To check your current credit score, visit www.FreeCreditScore.com (opens in a new tab) . Or if you bank with BB&T, you can get your free score once a quarter in U by BB&T the mobile banking application from BB&T.
What credit score is needed for a mortgage loan?
Minimum Credit Score for a Mortgage
|Loan Type||Minimum FICO Credit Score|
|VA||No set minimum from the VA; most lenders require at least a 620 credit score, though some will allow a score as low as 580|
|USDA||No set minimum from the USDA; but a score of at least 640 is recommended|
|Conventional||620 to 640|
What is a BB&T Bright credit card?
The BB&T Bright Card is a low-interest credit card. It earns cash back rewards when you redeem offers through the BB&T Deals website. The amount of cash back earned varies with each offer. There is an annual fee of $0 and benefits include travel and emergency assistance services and zero liability purchase protection.
How do I check my BBT balance?
You can check your balance any time by visiting our cardholder service site (opens in a new tab) or by calling 866-594-2076.
Can I pay my BB&T credit card online?
Your online payment options: Pay by debit or credit card with your Visa ®, MasterCard ®, American Express ® or Discover ® card. 1. All credit cards will incur a convenience fee of 2.95% of the payment transaction amount.
How do I do a balance transfer?
Here’s how to transfer credit card balances to help you pay off debt.
- Check your current balance and interest rate.
- Pick a balance transfer card that fits your needs.
- Read the fine print and understand the terms and conditions.
- Apply for a balance transfer card.
- Contact the new credit card company to do the balance transfer.
What is a spectrum card?
A CableCARD is a one-way PC card device that allows access to Spectrum TV services. This means that you don’t need to lease a Spectrum Receiver (cable box).
Where can I find BBT rewards?
The original value of your rewards card should be noted on the card carrier, and it could also be printed on the front of the card. You can also check the available balance on your card by visiting bbt.com/rewardcard (opens in a new tab) or by calling 866-594-2076.