German-Style Pork Chops.
You can have German-Style Pork Chops using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of German-Style Pork Chops
- Prepare of pork chops.
- You need of beer.
- You need of chicken broth.
- You need of flour.
- Prepare of thyme, divided.
- You need of paprika, divided.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need of vegetable oil or bacon grease.
German-Style Pork Chops step by step
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, ½ tsp paprika, and ½ tsp thyme in a plastic bag, shake to mix. Shake pork chops in bag to coat lightly. Set aside excess flour mixture..
- In a skillet, heat oil under medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Fry pork chops until well browned, about 7 minutes per side. Set aside on a covered plate to keep warm..
- In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp of the reserved flour mixture and cook over medium high heat until it is no longer visible, about one minute..
- Add beer, chicken broth, and remaining thyme and paprika, bring to a boil..
- Add pork chops (including any juices on the plate) back to skillet, and return mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 8 minutes, turning chops over half way..