You can cook Sauerkraut Soup using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sauerkraut Soup
- It’s 1 lb of bacon, chopped.
- It’s 1 of med onion.
- Prepare 3 cups of carrots, chopped.
- You need 4 stalks of celery, chopped.
- It’s 8 oz of Yukon Gold Potatoes, chopped.
- You need 2 TBSP of minced garlic.
- It’s 8 links of Amylu’s Paleo Andouille sausages, chopped.
- You need 2 TBSP of salt.
- You need 2 TBSP of pepper.
- It’s 1 TSP of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 TSP of Rosemary.
- You need 4 cups of sauerkraut, rinsed.
- Prepare 12 cups of chicken broth.
Sauerkraut Soup instructions
- Chop bacon and fry; remove from grease. Drain all but 2 TBSP bacon grease. Add onions and carrots to bacon grease and sauté till onions are translucent. Add bacon, carrots and onions, minced garlic, chopped potatoes, and celery to crockpot. Sauté chopped sausages until browned and add to crockpot. Add 2 cups of chicken broth to pan and bring to low boil (deglaze), then add to crockpot. Add the rest of the chicken broth, rinsed sauerkraut, and seasonings to crockpot..
- Set crockpot to low heat and cook for 4-6 hours. If you’re in a hurry, you can speed things up by sautéing your celery and potatoes as well. Then bring all the ingredients to a boil in a stock pot..