Roast Duck, Black Pudding and Fondant Potatoes.
You can have Roast Duck, Black Pudding and Fondant Potatoes using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roast Duck, Black Pudding and Fondant Potatoes
- You need of for the duck.
- You need of Duck Crown, approx. 900g.
- It’s of Baby Leek, sliced.
- Prepare of of Lemon.
- It’s of Rashers of Smokey Bacon.
- Prepare of a handful of Spinach leaves, stalks removed.
- Prepare of for the fondant potatoes.
- You need of Chicken Stock.
- It’s of of Garlic, crushed with skins on.
- You need of Butter.
- Prepare of Rosemary.
- Prepare of Thyme.
- Prepare of to large Potatoes, halved, peeled and shaped.
- You need of for the gravey.
- It’s of Plain Flour.
- It’s of Chicken Stock.
- You need of Red Wine.
- You need of other.
- You need of of Black Pudding.
- It’s of veg for accompaniment.
Roast Duck, Black Pudding and Fondant Potatoes instructions
- Pre-Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan..
- Season the Duck well and place on the spinach leaves to cover it..
- Place the lemon slices on top of the spinach and sprinkle over leek evenly..
- Place the bacon over the top, ensuring to cover completely. Place on a roasting tray and cook in the oven for approx. 1h – 1h10mins ( or to your liking).
- For the potatoes; heat the butter in a saucepan until foaming..
- Add the potatoes for 4-5mins or until browned. Flip over and repeat cooking till browned..
- Tip in the garlic and herbs followed by carefully pouring in the chicken stock. Pour in enough to cover 2/3rd's of the potatoes..
- Place a lid over, reduce heat to low and braise for about 25-30mins or until very soft..
- Check the cooking of the duck, 10mins before duck is removed from oven place the black pudding in to cook in the juices..
- Remove the duck to rest for 10-15mins..
- Remove black pudding, put aside and keep warm. Meanwhile, place the roasting pan on the hob and heat..
- Add the flour and cook out collecting juices..
- De-glaze using the red wine, then pour in the chicken stock, reducing to create the gravey..
- serve with chosen veg..