Spicy Baked Ziti w/ Drunken Grilled Sausage.
You can cook Spicy Baked Ziti w/ Drunken Grilled Sausage using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Baked Ziti w/ Drunken Grilled Sausage
- You need 1 lb of ziti noodles.
- Prepare 4 C of tomato-meat sauce.
- You need 2 C of mozzarella pizza cheese blend.
- It’s 4 of spicy Italian sausages.
- It’s 1 T of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 3 C of cheap red wine.
Spicy Baked Ziti w/ Drunken Grilled Sausage step by step
- Boil noodles until al dente. Drain. Run under cool water briefly to stop cooking process. Drizzle with olive oil or butter to prevent oxidation..
- Bring tomato sauce to a simmer. Add balsamic. Cook 5 minutes..
- Cover sausages with red wine in a small sauce pot. Use a little cold water if necessary to cover..
- Bring to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes. Drain. Place sausages on grill on low heat. Turn sausages once caramelized, about 3-4 minutes..
- When sausages are cool enough to handle, slice into 5ths or 6ths, depending on desired bite size..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sausage, ziti, and tomato sauce. Mix together..
- Transfer to a large casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese atop. Bake at 400° for approximately 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted..
- Variations; Parsley, mint, basil, oregano, marjoram, chives, scallions, leeks, ramps, shallots, dill, red onion, yellow onion, shallots, celery, celery seed, fennel, fennel seed, olive, olive oil, butter, brown butter, bacon, pancetta, prosciutto, salami, capicola, pastrami, ham, pepperoni, sopressata, pepperjack cheese, mozzarella, parmesean, romano, gruyere, parmigiano reggiano, pecorino, ricotta, swiss, provolone, giardenera relish, pepperoncini, peppadew, zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, leeks, ramps, lemon, horseradish, diced tomatoes, slivered garlic, roasted garlic, asparagus, arugula, spinach, capers, cauliflower, mushrooms, ratatouille,.