Vickys Irish Coddled Pork & Cider, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Irish Coddled Pork & Cider, GF DF EF SF NF using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Irish Coddled Pork & Cider, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 2 tbsp of sunflower spread/butter.
- You need 4 of pork loin steaks.
- Prepare 8 rashers of smoked bacon, diced.
- You need 2 of carrots cut into chunks.
- It’s 4 of potatoes cut into chunks.
- You need 1 of small swede cut into chunks.
- Prepare 1/2 of large cabbage cut into small wedges.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 200 ml of Irish apple cider.
- It’s 200 ml of chicken stock.
Vickys Irish Coddled Pork & Cider, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Heat the butter in a large pan until sizzling then fry the pork off for 3 mins each side until browned, then remove from the pan.
- Put the bacon, carrots, potatoes and swede into the pan and fry gently until coloured.
- Stir in the cabbage and put the pork steaks back in on top of the veg.
- Pour in the cider, stock and add the bay leaves.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with a side of colcannon, some soda bread and a pint of cider!.