Vickys Boeuf Bourguignon, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Boeuf Bourguignon, GF DF EF SF NF using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Boeuf Bourguignon, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 600 grams of diced casserole beef.
- It’s 150 grams of bacon, chopped.
- You need 150 grams of button mushrooms, quartered.
- You need 2 of medium onions, diced.
- You need 100 grams of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 600 ml of good red wine.
- You need 200 ml of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato puree/paste.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried mixed herbs (marjoram, basil, oregano, thyme, parsley).
- You need 1/2 tsp of mustard powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground allspice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil for frying.
Vickys Boeuf Bourguignon, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Put the beef, bacon and vegetables into a casserole dish making sure the beef is on top for easier removal after marinating.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a jug.
- Pour into the casserole dish, adding enough in to almost cover the beef.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to gas 2 / 150C / 300°F.
- Remove the beef with a slotted spoon and brown off in a frying pan with 2tbsp oil.
- Put back into the casserole dish, stir, cover and cook for 3 hours until the meat is tender and the sauce is thickened.
- If you like the sauce thicker, strain it into a pan and boil it to reduce it further while keeping the beef & veg warm.
- Serve over mashed potato, remember to remove the bay leaves.