You can have Ribollita Soup using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ribollita Soup
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 4 large of garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 3 of celery ribs, chopped.
- You need 1 of dried bay leaf.
- Prepare 200 grams of spring greens.
- Prepare 2 cans of cannellini beans, including liquid.
- Prepare 6 cup of chicken stock or vegetable stock.
- You need 1 can (15 ounce) of diced tomato.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of day old bread, torn into pieces.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped.
- It’s of grated parmesan cheese (optional).
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- You need 50 grams of pancetta or bacon, diced.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
Ribollita Soup step by step
- Heat a saucepan over a medium-high heat..
- Add the oil and heat. Then fry the meat for a minute and half..
- Next add the garlic, onion, carrots, celery, and bay leaf..
- Season with salt and pepper..
- Sauté until softened, which takes roughly about 5-7 minutes..
- Add the greens and sauté for about a minute..
- Add beans (including liquid), stock, and tomatoes..
- Then bring soup to the boil..
- Stir in the bread and reduce to a simmer..
- Cook until soup thickens slightly..
- Add the egg and simmer for at least 5 minutes..
- Remove from the heat and stir in the basil..
- Remove bay leaf from the pot..
- Check seasoning is okay. Add more salt and pepper if needs be..
- Serve topped with grated parmesan..
- I had a fair amount of hamburger meat leftover from the previous night. To use it up I turned them into meatballs and added the meat into the soup. I attached the meatball recipe here if you would also like to use the recipe. Bake them as the recipe says and then add the meatballs to the soup. I added them around step 11. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/361023-sticky-barbacue-meatballs.