Bacon, Leek and Potato Soup.
You can cook Bacon, Leek and Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon, Leek and Potato Soup
- It’s of bacon.
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s of onion, peeled and chopped.
- You need of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare of celery, sliced.
- Prepare of leeks, sliced.
- Prepare of garlic, peeled and sliced.
- You need of potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Prepare of stock, vegetable or chicken or beef.
- Prepare of fresh cream.
- Prepare of salt and ground black pepper.
Bacon, Leek and Potato Soup step by step
- Preheat a large pan on high heat. Fry bacon until crispy, remove from pan, dice and set aside..
- In a large pot, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Followed by the onion, carrots, celery, leeks, garlic and mix together with a spoon. Cook for around 10 minutes with the lid on, stirring every 2-3 minutes. Until the carrots have softened, but are still holding their shape..
- Now add, the bacon, (keep a few pieces for garnish) potatoes and the stock into the pot. Stir the soup and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add the cream, bring it to the boil and simmer for a further 5 minutes..
- Remove the pot from the heat. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth using a hand blender or liquidizer. Divide between your serving bowls and sprinkle the rest of the bacon on top..