Bacon, Tomato & Barley Soup.
You can cook Bacon, Tomato & Barley Soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon, Tomato & Barley Soup
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 150 grams of streaky bacon, finley chopped.
- You need 1 large of red onion,peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of stalks celery, finely sliced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots,chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic,finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 can of tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pearl barley.
- It’s 1/4 of cabbage, shredded.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parsley,finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of shaved parmesan to garnish ( optional).
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Bacon, Tomato & Barley Soup step by step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently cook bacon, onion, celery, carrots and garlic until tender..
- Add the tomatoes and chicken stock to the pan and bring to the boil..
- Add pearl barley, turn heat down and simmer for 30-40 minutes until tender..
- Season the soup to taste. Add the cabbage and parsley and cook for a further 15 minutes. Serve as is or garnish with the shaved parmesan..