Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup.
You can cook Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup
- Prepare 10 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 3/4 large of Onion.
- You need 12 slice of Thick cut cherry smoked bacon.
- You need 8 of Red potatoes.
- Prepare 6 of Russet potatoes.
- You need 12 oz of Heavy cream.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- It’s 1 can of Frito jalape?o cheddar dip.
- It’s 8 oz of Sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 5 of as needed Cayenne, paprika, chives, salt, pepper.
Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup step by step
- Cut up onion and butter and simmer in soup pot..
- Cook bacon and let cool.
- As bacon is cooling peel and slice up all potatoes. Add heavy cream and water.
- Add bacon and garlic and turn up the heat. Stir occasionally for about 30 minutes..
- Add in cheeses and stir until well blended/melted. Add in any desired spices. I used only the 5 listed. Turn down heat and continue cooking 30 minutes.
- Mash potatoes somewhat to creat smaller pieces and thicken up soup. Enjoy!.