Potatoe and bacon soup.
You can have Potatoe and bacon soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potatoe and bacon soup
- You need of maple flavored bacon (you can use any kind, this was heavenly tho).
- It’s of About 7 or 8 med potaoes (peeled and diced in small cubes).
- Prepare of stalks of celery, diced.
- It’s of onion, diced.
- Prepare of evaporated milk.
- Prepare of basil (add to your taste).
- Prepare of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare of flour.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- It’s of dry minced onion.
Potatoe and bacon soup step by step
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes with the flour and dry minced onion, stir to coat all the potatoes. Set aside..
- In a large skillet over med high heat start to brown the bacon, add a lil pepper to it and cook til almost turning crispy. Add your diced onion and continue to cook til onion is cooked thru and bacon has browned. Stir in your diced celery and let cook for a few minutes, about 5 min or so..
- Get a big pot and put on top of stove and get it preheated over med high heat. Pour everything from the skillet into the pot, drippings and all! Add your potatoe mixture and stir and let cook for about 2 min while stirring. Cover the potatoe mixture with water til its just over top of everything. Continue cooking and stirring occasionally until it comes to a full boil..
- Next pour in the evaporated milk and continue to cook once it starts to boil turn heat down and let simmer for about 20 min. Add in your basil and salt and pepper to taste and garlic powder. Cook this for about another 30 min. Soup should thicken up while cooking. Once your veggies are tender and soup has thickened its done!.
- Top with cheddar cheese or any other topping you would like..