Potatoe and bacon soup.
You can cook Potatoe and bacon soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potatoe and bacon soup
- You need 12 oz of maple flavored bacon (you can use any kind, this was heavenly tho).
- You need 1 of About 7 or 8 med potaoes (peeled and diced in small cubes).
- You need 5 of stalks of celery, diced.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, diced.
- You need 2 can of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 tsp of basil (add to your taste).
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dry minced onion.
Potatoe and bacon soup instructions
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes with the flour and dry minced onion, stir to coat all the potatoes. Set aside..
- In a large skillet over med high heat start to brown the bacon, add a lil pepper to it and cook til almost turning crispy. Add your diced onion and continue to cook til onion is cooked thru and bacon has browned. Stir in your diced celery and let cook for a few minutes, about 5 min or so..
- Get a big pot and put on top of stove and get it preheated over med high heat. Pour everything from the skillet into the pot, drippings and all! Add your potatoe mixture and stir and let cook for about 2 min while stirring. Cover the potatoe mixture with water til its just over top of everything. Continue cooking and stirring occasionally until it comes to a full boil..
- Next pour in the evaporated milk and continue to cook once it starts to boil turn heat down and let simmer for about 20 min. Add in your basil and salt and pepper to taste and garlic powder. Cook this for about another 30 min. Soup should thicken up while cooking. Once your veggies are tender and soup has thickened its done!.
- Top with cheddar cheese or any other topping you would like..