Vickys Red Lentil & Bacon Soup, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Red Lentil & Bacon Soup, GF DF EF SF NF using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Red Lentil & Bacon Soup, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 6 rashers of streaky bacon, chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of medium carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 200 g of dry, red lentils (1 cup).
- It’s 400 g of can of chopped tomatoes (14 oz).
- It’s 960 ml of hot vegetable stock (4 cups).
- It’s to taste of black pepper.
Vickys Red Lentil & Bacon Soup, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Heat the oil in a pot over a medium heat and add the bacon, onion and carrot. Cook for 8 – 10 minutes until the fat has left the pan and the vegetables have softened.
- Add the lentils, chopped tomatoes and hot stock.
- Bring to the boil then turn down to a low simmer, cover and let cook, stirring occasionally, for 45 – 50 minutes or until the lentils are done.
- Puree half of the soup, season to taste with pepper. Thin down with some boiling water if required.