Italian Caprese & Chicken Sausage Mini Pizza.
You can cook Italian Caprese & Chicken Sausage Mini Pizza using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Caprese & Chicken Sausage Mini Pizza
- You need 4 of pita bread pockets.
- It’s 1 of Gilbert's caprese chicken sausage link.
- Prepare 1 of pesto spread.
- Prepare 10 small of fresh mozzarella balls.
- It’s 5 of grape tomatoes.
- You need 1 of fresh basil.
- Prepare 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of kosher salt.
- You need 1 cup of balsamic vinaigrette (OPTIONAL).
Italian Caprese & Chicken Sausage Mini Pizza instructions
- Take a cookie tray, and scatter kosher salt on the tray..
- Take each pita bread, and with a brush, spread the olive oil on both sides of the bread, leaving a nice layer without any puddles. Do this for each pizza..
- With a spoon, take the pesto and spread it on each of the pita breads creating a base layer..
- Take the chicken sausage link, and cut it into quarter-inch discs, enough to put 4-5 discs on each bread..
- Cut the grape tomatoes into quarters, and alternate the tomato quarters with the chicken sausage discs. The idea is to have it look like a star pattern..
- Take the mozzarella balls, and cut them each in half. Place about 5-6 halves on each pita bread; one on each sausage disc and one in the middle..
- Bake at 375°F for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted fully..
- When the pitas come out of the oven, top with freshly sliced basil. (Optional: add a small drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette on top).
- Serve hot, & enjoy!.