JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA. Add a leftover Christmas ham bone to split pea soup for maximum flavor in this hearty soup that's quick to prepare with Absolutely would I attempt it again! I even whipped in a block of cream cheese! Reviews for: Photos of Ham Bone and Green Split Pea Soup.
This will fill you up and warm your belly and it's so good! Join me in the kitchen for. Homemade Split Pea Soup, just like mom made growing up! You can have JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA
- It’s of dry split green peas.
- It’s of smoked bacon slices.
- You need of bacon fat.
- It’s of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s of onions, small diced.
- It’s of carrot, small diced.
- It’s of celery, small diced.
- Prepare of fresh thyme leaves.
- You need of fresh oregano, chopped.
- You need of basil leaves cut in strips.
- Prepare of chicken cube chicken bouillon.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- It’s of pork stock, chicken stock or water.
- You need of feta cheese bruscheta.
- It’s of baguette bread slices.
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare of smoked bacon slices cooked and diced.
- It’s of feta cheese, small diced.
- It’s of chopped oregano.
- It’s of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need of paprika powder.
JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA instructions
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together..
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender..
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more..
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano..
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown..
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips..
When the button is green, targeting cookies are on. Many people's first memory of pea soup is one made by a grandmother for a huge gathering of family and friends. This version is made with a generous amount of bacon for garnish, along with a few potatoes and other vegetables to help thicken and flavor the soup. Dried split peas are cooked with ham hocks, onions, garlic, and leeks. This filling, hearty soup is perfect for cold winter days.