Bacon, Leek And Potato Soup.
You can cook Bacon, Leek And Potato Soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon, Leek And Potato Soup
- You need of trimmed leeks, sliced.
- You need of large onion, peeled and diced.
- It’s of medium potatoes, peeled and diced.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Ground black pepper.
- You need of single cream.
- Prepare of bacon rashes, diced.
- You need of hot chicken or vegetable stock.
- Prepare of butter.
Bacon, Leek And Potato Soup step by step
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the onion and bacon and fry until the onion has softened..
- Add in the leeks and potatoes, reduce the heat and cover with lid. Cook for a further 5-10 minutes. Stir or shake the pan occasionally..
- Add in the stock, Season with salt and pepper and simmer covered with lid for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables have softened..
- Allow to cool for about 30 minutes or so before blending the vegetables..
- Return to the heat and add the cream. Cook for a few minutes, don't allow to boil..
- Taste and season if needs be..
- While the the soup is resting fry the bacon until crispy and crunchy..