Fresh mozzarella Basil sourdough pizza. Thanks a lot, it's taken a lot of tinkering to get it just right while only using yeast from my sourdough starter. A classic(ish) Neopolitan pizza margherita made with a sourdough starter as the leavening, instead of commercial yeast. Topped with a fresh san marzano tomato sauce, a little bit of fresh mozzarella, and basil.
Just make the dough in the morning; then shape it an hour before you're ready to eat. Because fresh mozzarella holds so much moisture, it can make pizza watery. There are two tips to follow to make perfect fresh mozzarella pizza. You can have Fresh mozzarella Basil sourdough pizza using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fresh mozzarella Basil sourdough pizza
- Prepare 1 cup of sourdough starter.
- It’s 1 cup of organic spelt and red hard wheat flour mix.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of unbleached white flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of organic yogurt.
- You need 1 tsp of kaniwa seeds (for extra protein profile).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 Tsp of Extra Virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of homemade tomatoe sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of fresh Basil.
- You need 1 lb of fresh mozzarella cheese in liquid.
Fortunately, there are some easy steps you can take to avoid soggy, watery pizza when melting fresh mozzarella. This most iconic of pizzas is topped with tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, and basil leaves—the colors of the Italian flag. Hold dough straight up, and with fingertips circling crust, slide fingers around crust in a circular motion as you would turn a steering wheel until dough in the center is stretched to about. Pizza margherita, which features the famous Neapolitan combination of tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil, is the inspiration behind tonight's recipe.
Fresh mozzarella Basil sourdough pizza instructions
- Grind spelt and red hard spring wheat into flour in a grain mill..
- Whisk all wet ingredients (sourdough starter, yogurt) in a large mixing bowl. Add flours, kaniwa seeds,salt..
- Knead the dough by hands until smooth. Shape it into a ball and cover the bowl with a giant plate to avoid drying out. Allow it to rise in the oven with oven lamp on if room temperature is lower than 70F. Give it at least 2 hours to ferment before checking it out. Don't even bother to check it too frequent..
- About 6 hours or so, dump the dough on a working surface with a little bit olive oil. Press the dough from the center and gently work outerward to shape it into a big round flat bread. Transfer the bread onto a baking sheet with lining a parchment paper at the bottom. Add a little bit olive oil again and smooth out a cup of tomatoe sauce, also work from middle to the edge and stop from 1/4 inch towards the edge. Evenly distribute mozzarella cheese and aged cheese and Basil..
- Bake at 420 F for 20 minutes. Slice and enjoy 🍕..
We're putting a fresh spin on it by making garlic oil—simply finely chopped garlic left to infuse in olive oil. An Easy Sourdough Pizza Recipe with Sourdough. Having recently joined the growing number of The Pizza Margherita, garnished with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil to represent the national Sprinkle over the minced garlic. Layer on the remaining vegetables leaving the sliced fresh tomato till. Crisp, bubbly pizza soaked in clam juice with fresh clams, mozzarella, romano, olive oil, and a hint of red chili heat.