Cast Iron Roman Pizza.
You can have Cast Iron Roman Pizza using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cast Iron Roman Pizza
- You need of Pizza Dough.
- It’s 3.5 cups of flour.
- You need 0.5 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 1 packet of yeast.
- It’s 1.5 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s of Sauce.
- It’s Half of onion chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of chopped garlic.
- You need of Red pepper flake.
- You need 28 ounce of San Mariano tomato can.
- You need 3 leaves of basil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of dried parsley.
- You need Half of can of water.
- Prepare of Thyme.
- It’s of Toppings.
- Prepare Half of a cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare 5 of basil leaves torn.
- It’s of Drizzle of olive oil.
Cast Iron Roman Pizza step by step
- Add yeast to 95F to 100F water. Add sugar to activate for 15min..
- Combine the flour and salt in separate bowl..
- Once yeast mixture blooms. Create a well in the dry mix then add with olive oil..
- Mix bowl until it comes together. Pull together and knead on a lightly floured counter top for 5 to 10 minutes or until no clumps remain..
- Roll it into a ball and place into a lightly oiled bowl to proof at room temp for 6 hours minimum or overnight..
- After proofing, lightly knead to punch out air and divide dough into 8 pieces. Proof for an hour at room temp. For best results, cold proof in the fridge for three days.
- For sauce, add oil to a pan an add garlic, onion, and pepper flakes. Cook until garlic and onion are translucent..
- To a blender, add canned tomatoes with half its can in water with basil. Add the lightly roasted onion, garlic, and pepper flakes. Add dried parsley. Season to taste being mindful to slightly under salt to account for the cheese and dough..
- Blend for a few minutes or until completely pureed. Then simmer the sauce over the stove for 30 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees..
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured counter until roughly 11in or just short of the diameter of your cast iron skillet..
- Heat up skillet before adding some olive oil. Then add the flattened dough..
- Once the bottom of the dough starts to brown. Add pizza sauce and some shredded mozzarella (with pre ove toppings) then place in oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the outside of the crust browns..
- Remove after 15 or 20 minutes. Remove from skillet and add hand torn basil and a drizzle of olive oil (or whatever post oven toppings you want) before the pie cools..