You can cook Ukrainian Borshch using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ukrainian Borshch
- You need of onion.
- It’s of carrot.
- It’s of beef on bone.
- You need of Fill.
- It’s of tomato paste.
- It’s of beetroot.
- You need of onoion.
- Prepare of bell pepper.
- It’s of big carrot.
- You need of cabbage.
- It’s of medium potatoes.
- You need of For serving.
- You need of Black bread.
- You need of Lard / bacon.
- Prepare of Garlic or mustard.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
Ukrainian Borshch step by step
- Add 3 l water in a large casserole (5l big). Add 1 carrot, one onion (whole, peeled) and meat as one piece. Allow to boil – then remove foam with a spoon. Reduce fire to min, close the cap and leave for 1 hr..
- Remove everything from bouillon. Cut meat it small pieces. Rest is out..
- Add potato cut 2cm cubicles into broth..
- Make the fill: onions finely cut, carrots cut in 2 cm thin sticks – fry in oil for 10 min. Then add beetroot cut same as carrots. Sprinkle vinegar on beetroot a before adding to pan. Add bell pepper and tomato paste and half cup of water. Add salt and pepper. Stew for 20 min until light burning..
- Add fill to soup, boil on light fire 15 min..
- Add finely cut cabbage, 15 min boil and off. Leave for at least 2 hrs..
- Serve with a spoon of sour cream in each plate. Bread, lard and garlic on side..