You can cook Ukrainian Borshch using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ukrainian Borshch
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- It’s 600 grams of beef on bone.
- You need of Fill.
- It’s 50 ml of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 of beetroot.
- It’s 2 of onoion.
- You need 1 of bell pepper.
- You need 1 of big carrot.
- Prepare 1/2 of cabbage.
- You need 3 of medium potatoes.
- Prepare of For serving.
- Prepare of Black bread.
- Prepare of Lard / bacon.
- You need of Garlic or mustard.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
Ukrainian Borshch instructions
- Add 3 l water in a large casserole (5l big). Add 1 carrot, one onion (whole, peeled) and meat as one piece. Allow to boil – then remove foam with a spoon. Reduce fire to min, close the cap and leave for 1 hr..
- Remove everything from bouillon. Cut meat it small pieces. Rest is out..
- Add potato cut 2cm cubicles into broth..
- Make the fill: onions finely cut, carrots cut in 2 cm thin sticks – fry in oil for 10 min. Then add beetroot cut same as carrots. Sprinkle vinegar on beetroot a before adding to pan. Add bell pepper and tomato paste and half cup of water. Add salt and pepper. Stew for 20 min until light burning..
- Add fill to soup, boil on light fire 15 min..
- Add finely cut cabbage, 15 min boil and off. Leave for at least 2 hrs..
- Serve with a spoon of sour cream in each plate. Bread, lard and garlic on side..