Sig's Oxtail Soup.
You can have Sig's Oxtail Soup using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Oxtail Soup
- Prepare 1 kg of oxtail.
- It’s 2 tbsp of bacon fat.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 liter of beef stock.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 10 of black pepper corns.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of gravy browning(optional).
- You need 10 of or so button mushrooms cut in half, optional.
Sig's Oxtail Soup instructions
- Brown the flour in the baconfat and add chopped onion. add the oxtail and brown from all sides. Add stock and all other ingredients, simmer slowly until the meat is soft and tender and the stock has reduced,at least one and a half hours somewhat.Keep check on liquid.Remove bay leaf and cloves.Add mushrooms,remove oxtail and clean meat of bone add meat to soup. Use a little gravy browning to achive a deeper colour.
- Serve with fresh bread. Add extra stewing or braising steak if you require extra meat about half way through cooking..
- If you busy prepare and brown the meat in frying pan, then put into slowcooker with all other ingredients, but only about 1/2 to 3/4 of the amount of liquid set on automatic timing, after about 6- 8 hours it will be beautifully cooked, check seasoning..