Basic pizza stone calzone. If you like calzones on a pizza stone, this is a recipe for you for the BBQ! If you like this type of content please support us by subscribing to our. I hope you enjoy this easy Calzone recipe! Свернуть Ещё.
Ingredients of Basic pizza stone calzone
- It’s 1 packages of pizza dough.
- Prepare 1 cup of mozzarella shredded cheese or more if you choose.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mexican or Italian blend shredded cheese or more if you choose.
- Prepare 2 lb of container of Whole or skim ricotta cheese.
- You need 2 cup of Precooked grilled chicken strips.
- Prepare 6 slice of Precooked bacon.
- You need 1 small of amount of olive oil.
And despite its name, a pizza stone isn't a one-trick pony. You can also use it to make better bagels, crusty loaves of bread, and golden brown Throw a frozen pizza on it (we won't judge). You'll be impressed by the results. Check out our picks for the best pizza stones–then prepare to put your.
Basic pizza stone calzone step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll out room temperature pizza dough on a rectangle cutting board. I used a thin flexible one. Make sure to use plenty of flour to prevent any sticking..
- In a large bowl combine ricotta, all cheese, chicken and bacon. Mix well..
- Spoon mixture onto half of rolled out dough..
- Fold dough over mixture and pinch shut. Slide calzone off cutting board onto pizza stone..
- Brush top of calzone with olive oil..
- Bake 30 minutes. I usually turn the broiler on for a minute or less to brown the top after it's done baking..
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce..
A calzone is typically an oven-baked, folded pizza, of Neapolitan cuisine. Typically, calzones are filled with meats such as salami or ham and cheeses such as mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan, and pecorino whereas fried calzones with mozzarella and tomatoes. Using a pizza peel, transfer prepared calzones to the preheated pizza stones (if you are not using pizza stones, just keep the calzones on the cornmeal-dusted baking sheet). Basic Dough for Pizza, Focaccia or Calzones. Stone baked rolls filled with pepperoni & cheese, brushed with garlic butter & parmesan, served with marinara.