Slow Cooker vegetable broth with mini bacon dumplings.
You can cook Slow Cooker vegetable broth with mini bacon dumplings using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker vegetable broth with mini bacon dumplings
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of leek (sliced, white and green parts kept separated).
- You need of swede (diced).
- Prepare of parsnip (diced).
- It’s of carrot (diced).
- You need of celery stick (sliced).
- It’s of pearl barley.
- Prepare of boiling veg stock.
- You need of stems of sage.
- Prepare of english mustard.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- You need of Dumpings.
- It’s of self raising flour.
- Prepare of shredded veg suet.
- Prepare of streaky bacon finely diced.
- It’s of water.
Slow Cooker vegetable broth with mini bacon dumplings instructions
- Heat butter in frying pan, add white sliced leek and fry for 2-3 mins. Stir in the veg and celery and fry for 5 mins..
- Add pearl barley to the slow cooker, add fried veg, boiling stock and sage. Stir in mustard and a little salt and pepper. Cover with the lid and cook on low for 8-10 hours..
- Make the dumpings- put flour, suet and bacon in a bowl with a little salt and pepper. Mix together then gradually mix in enough water to make soft not sticky dough. Knead lightly on a lightly floured surface and then cut into 12 pieces. Roll into balls..
- Stir in remaining green pieces of leek into the soup, add the dumpings spaced slightly apart and replace the lid and cook on low for an hour. Serve..