Hushpuppy Chicken Thighs.
You can cook Hushpuppy Chicken Thighs using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hushpuppy Chicken Thighs
- Prepare of boneless chicken thighs (approx. 1 kg).
- It’s of bacon lard or 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil.
- You need of yellow cornmeal.
- It’s of flour.
- Prepare of garlic salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- You need of Gravy.
- You need of flour.
- It’s of water or chicken stock.
- It’s of to taste, salt and pepper.
Hushpuppy Chicken Thighs instructions
- In a plastic bag, mix cornmeal, flour, garlic salt and black pepper..
- In a frying pan on medium heat, melt the bacon fat or butter and oil..
- Toss the chicken with the cornmeal mixture in the plastic bag until well coated..
- Fry the coated chicken until golden brown and internal temperature has reached at least 75°C (165°F), about 6 minutes per side..
- Set on a plate with paper towels to drain excess oil..
- On low heat, add flour to the remaining oil in the pan. Mix until well combined and season with salt and pepper. Continue to heat until flour is lightly browned..
- Add water, and raise heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium low and stir until gravy thickens..