Caribbean Lamb Potjie.
You can have Caribbean Lamb Potjie using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caribbean Lamb Potjie
- You need of Coconut Oil.
- Prepare of Onions, sliced.
- You need of Bacon, diced.
- It’s of Garam Masala.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of ground black Pepper.
- Prepare of Lamb.
- It’s of white Rum.
- It’s of dark Rum.
- You need of Stroh Rum.
- It’s of vegetable Stock.
- Prepare of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need of light Syrup, from Pineapple in light Syrup.
- You need of Pineapple, chopped.
- Prepare of Carrots, peeled and sliced.
- You need of Sweet Potato, peeled and sliced.
- It’s of Pumpkin, peeled and diced.
- It’s of Coconut Milk.
- It’s of Honey.
- It’s of Cornflour.
Caribbean Lamb Potjie instructions
- Heat potjie, add Oil, fry Onions till soft, take Onions out with slotted spoon and set aside..
- Fry Bacon till crispy, take Bacon out with slotted spoon and set aside..
- Season meat with Masala, Salt and Pepper. Brown meat in potjie, ensuring both sides are cooked..
- Add Rum, Stock, Syrup and Worcestershire Sauce to cover meat and bring to boil. Set aside any left over liquid. Reduce heat and cook slowly for least 1 and half hours..
- Add Pineapple, Carrots, crispy Bacon and fried Onions, replace lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add Pumpkin and Sweet Potato, cover and simmer for 30 minutes then add leftover liquid and simmer for another 45 minutes..
- Mix coconut Milk, Honey and Cornflour, pour over top, replace lid and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with yellow rice or other Caribbean Island favourite..