Caribbean Lamb Potjie.
You can have Caribbean Lamb Potjie using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caribbean Lamb Potjie
- Prepare 30 ml of Coconut Oil.
- It’s 2 of Onions, sliced.
- You need 200 g of Bacon, diced.
- Prepare 10 ml of Garam Masala.
- You need 5 ml of Salt.
- You need 2,5 ml of ground black Pepper.
- It’s 1000 g of Lamb.
- It’s 60 ml of white Rum.
- You need 60 ml of dark Rum.
- You need 15 ml of Stroh Rum.
- Prepare 250 ml of vegetable Stock.
- It’s 50 ml of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 150 ml of light Syrup, from Pineapple in light Syrup.
- You need 150 ml of Pineapple, chopped.
- You need 500 g of Carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 500 g of Sweet Potato, peeled and sliced.
- It’s 500 g of Pumpkin, peeled and diced.
- You need 400 ml of Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 30 ml of Honey.
- It’s 30 ml of Cornflour.
Caribbean Lamb Potjie instructions
- Heat potjie, add Oil, fry Onions till soft, take Onions out with slotted spoon and set aside..
- Fry Bacon till crispy, take Bacon out with slotted spoon and set aside..
- Season meat with Masala, Salt and Pepper. Brown meat in potjie, ensuring both sides are cooked..
- Add Rum, Stock, Syrup and Worcestershire Sauce to cover meat and bring to boil. Set aside any left over liquid. Reduce heat and cook slowly for least 1 and half hours..
- Add Pineapple, Carrots, crispy Bacon and fried Onions, replace lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add Pumpkin and Sweet Potato, cover and simmer for 30 minutes then add leftover liquid and simmer for another 45 minutes..
- Mix coconut Milk, Honey and Cornflour, pour over top, replace lid and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with yellow rice or other Caribbean Island favourite..