Cajun Red Beans and Rice.
You can have Cajun Red Beans and Rice using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun Red Beans and Rice
- You need of red beans.
- You need of Andouille or Kielbasa sausage, sliced into rounds.
- It’s of bacon.
- It’s of onion, chopped.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- It’s of Cajun seasoning.
- You need of thyme.
- Prepare of ground sage.
- It’s of bay leaf.
- You need of chicken broth.
- It’s of vinegar (apple cider or red wine).
Cajun Red Beans and Rice instructions
- Soak the beans overnight in water..
- With medium heat, heat oil in a large pot and fry the onions until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and bacon, fry for another minute..
- Add sausage, red beans, Cajun seasoning, thyme, sage, bay leaf, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low. Skim off the scum from the top. Let simmer for 1½ to 2 hours or until the beans are tender, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in vinegar and mash beans slightly with a spoon. Serve over hot steamed rice..