GUMBO! By Tam. Provided to YouTube by BWSCD, Inc. How to Make a Gumbo with a Dry RouxThis is a flavorful but easy gumbo recipe. In this recipe I use a dry roux.
Gumbo consists primarily of a strongly-flavored stock, meat or shellfish, a thickener. Become a Fan for Exclusive Deals and Promotions. Amerikan Restoranı · Güney Amerika Restoranı. You can have GUMBO! By Tam using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of GUMBO! By Tam
- You need of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare of large uncooked shrimp – peeled and deveined.
- You need of Andouille sausage – cut into about 1/2 inch slices.
- Prepare of diced tomatoes.
- It’s of frozen or fresh okra.
- Prepare of large onion – diced.
- It’s of green bell pepper – diced.
- It’s of celery – diced.
- You need of bay leaves.
- It’s of fresh thyme.
- Prepare of Your favorite Cajun seasoning (I use my own house recipe).
- You need of Minced garlic.
- Prepare of flour.
- It’s of crisco, lard OR bacon fat (I use bacon fat).
- You need of large cartons Swanson Chicken Broth.
- You need of Gumbo File Powder.
Contribute to ThematoSoup/Gumbo development by creating an account on GitHub. Gumbo is a blogging WordPress theme easy to setup and customize. It's created with two things in mind See more ideas about gumbo, gumbo recipe, cajun recipes. gumbo. Gumbo is a black anglerfish with a purple tail and purple fins.
GUMBO! By Tam instructions
- Season chicken thighs to your liking. I usually use salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, seasoning salt. Once seasoned, pan sear them, about 7 minutes on each side. Remove from pan. Deglaze the pan with a little chicken broth or water. Set aside..
- Now it’s time to make the Roux. This is the most important step of creating a great gumbo. In a large Dutch oven, heat bacon fat (or lard/crisco). Slowly add flour while continuously stirring. It’s going to seem like it takes forever, but you want the roux to eventually be deep brown in color BUT CAREFUL NOT TO BURN! If you burn the roux, you must start over!.
- Once your roux is the perfect shade of brown, stir in garlic, onions, green pepper, and celery..
- Stir in 1 carton of chicken broth and the pan drippings from the chicken thighs..
- Add chicken thighs, sausage, can of tomatoes, and okra.
- Add more chicken broth until the contents are covered.
- Mix in your Cajun seasoning. I never measure this, I just sprinkle a good bit to taste. Throw in a couple bay leaves and Thyme sprigs.
- Let simmer on low-medium for 1-2 hours..
- Use a fork or spoon to gently shred the chicken thighs(if they haven’t completely broken up in the cooking process).
- Add uncooked shrimp at the very end..
- Serve with hot buttered white rice. Add a dash or two of your favorite hot sauce and a sprinkle of gumbo file powder. Enjoy!.
Gumbo lures guppies and breeders to a corner of the attack opposite of where an alien is located using his lamp during an alien attack. Making gumbo can be time consuming, so speed things up by using your multi-functional pressure cooker. This simple, vegetarian take on gumbo focuses on hearty greens made extra flavorful by. Green gumbo, or gumbo z'herbes, is a Lenten tradition in Louisiana. Ironically, it is not always vegetarian, as this hearty stew is often served on Holy Thursday to fortify the faithful for the Good.