My Cabbage and Bacon Soup 😃#Starter#Lunch. This is a wonderfully simple chunky soup. I use good quality Irish back bacon but if you can't get this, it tastes equally good made with pancetta. The dark green colour of the cabbage alongside the tomatoes gives the soup a beautiful colour.
Put a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter, and when it has melted stir in the bacon, potatoes, garlic and onions. Add the broth, oregano and tomatoes and bring to a boil. You can cook My Cabbage and Bacon Soup 😃#Starter#Lunch using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Cabbage and Bacon Soup 😃#Starter#Lunch
- You need 1 pk (300 g) of Streaky Bacon diced.
- It’s 1/2 of of a Savoy cabbage chopped up.
- Prepare 2 pints of boiling water.
- It’s 2 of Dried veg stock crumble in the boiling water.
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Cloves.
- You need 1/4 of onion diced.
- You need 1 tbls of Butter.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Red cracked peppercorns.
- It’s 1 of large Potato diced.
In small saucepan, combine bacon and cold water to cover. Cover, bring to boil over moderate heat, and skim foam from surface. This cabbage bacon soup is a hearty, delicious, warm-you-to-your-bones soup that's perfect for a busy weeknight meal or a casual lunchtime fare. Why this recipe is a winter favorite Cabbage is in season during the winter, which means it's likely to be fresh, grown to maturity, and loaded with all of the right phytonutrients to help assist.
My Cabbage and Bacon Soup 😃#Starter#Lunch instructions
- Melt the butter and add the onions and garlic and red pepper and fry for 1 minute..
- Add the veg to the a large saucepan. Add the chopped potato, cabbage and bacon chopped, also the onion into it and then add the boiling water and peppers stir bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes..
- Also add the veg stock and stir in..
- Add to a blender if you want the soup to be smooth and blend..
- Add back to the pan bring to the boil and then serve hot..
Add the veg to the a large saucepan. Meanwhile, brush the bread with olive oil on both sides and place on a baking sheet. Rub the cut sides of the garlic all over the bread. Season the soup with salt, pepper and the parsley. This cabbage soup is deliciously smooth and creamy, hearty and warming.